How to Play Visual Pinball
Visual pinball is a program that allows you to play many original pinball titles directly from your computer or laptop.
- All the major pinball titles have been emulated but I am using Bally’s Addam’s Family for the example below.
- If you are a handy at building, this concept can be turned into a full size video pinball machine- http://virtuapin.net/
On windows 7 you have to run the files in XP compatibility mode, and do the right click run as administrator during the installation.
- Save the installer found by clicking the scrolling marquee at this site: http://www.pinballnirvana.com/index.php
- Right click on the file you saved and Run as administrator
- It will install the vpin program to your c drive in a program files folder.
- Inside that folder you will find a Tables folder and Roms folder which are important later.
- Go to this site which might require a free registration: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?&CODE=00
- Click Search, Downloads, enter a pinball name like “Addams” and click Go
- Click on the item called “The Addams Family VP9 1.02” http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?automodule=downloads&req=idx&cmd=viewdetail&f_id=3181
- Download the file to your desktop, clicking on the file on your desktop will open the zipped file. Save the .VPT file to your desktop
- Drag the .VPT file to your Tables folder mentioned above
- Scroll down on the webpage and download all of the ROM files to your desktop (lots of them for Addams family)
- Drag the roms you downloaded to the ROMs folder mentioned above.
- Double click the silver pinball icon on your desktop to start the Virtual pinball program.
- Use File-Open to browse the Tables folder for the Addams family pinball
- Click on Play button and click through screens
- Usually 4, 5, or 6 button adds credits to game
- The 1 or S button starts games
- Flippers are the shift keys
- Ball plunger is the enter key
Return to More Games page