“To me the arcade experience is the ultimate gaming experience.” – Eugene Jarvis, legendary VidKidz developer
All of these Golden era arcade games would mean little without the proper context.
- Remember to support your local arcade, because that’s where the magic of the human experience meshing with the computer world of video games lives.
Star Worlds is one of the longest running arcades which originated in the 80s and still survives today. Located an hour west of Chicago in Dekalb, IL.
- It has been named into the International Registry of Historic Video Game Arcades. (see news article)
- You can stop in on most any day of the week to meet Pat O’Malley and Glenn Thomas. Mapquest directions
- In the summer of 2012, Star Worlds will be running a Robotron Summer Camp event to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Robotron 2084. Stop by for a lot of fun.
- Find Star Worlds arcade on Facebook
- Visit the website- http://www.starworldsarcade.com/
- You can buy a documentary about their legendary arcade at http://www.pocketfulloftokens.com/ . See the Youtube trailer here.
- Star Worlds has a real Robotron machine, as well as many other classic titles- Donkey Kong, Pac-man, Tutankham, and several pinball machines.