Summer Camp 2012 Event Kick-off Party! Saturday, June 16, 2012
On Saturday evening, June 16th 2012, Star Worlds hosted an arcade party to kick-off the Summer Camp 2012 promotion. Around 50 people joined the fun for games, pinball, food, and friendship. The honored highlight of the event was Eugene Jarvis attending with his wife. And everyone was honored by Walter Day, on behalf of Twin Galaxies, when he presented an award to commemorate 30 years of video game excellence.
Eugene arrived and had the chance to share in the 80’s arcade experience with his wife.
- Robotron 2084 30th Anniversary- Eugene Jarvis playing over 500k
- Robotron 2084 30th Anniversary- Eugene Jarvis playing over 800k
SmashTVConquered (Eugene around 17m, Sasha around 14m and she’d never played it before!)
Many genres of video game history were being enjoyed
Eugene played lots of games against local players on the normal settings machine, and difficulty 10 machine. He’s quite good, by the way.
Mario Bros. showed up to share in the fun
Mikey showed up for some pasta
When Walter shows up at a party, you know there will be a Twin Galaxies presentation. And speeches!
- Robotron 30th Anniversary- Twin Galaxies’ Walter Day and Eugene Jarvis
- Eugene Jarvis speaks about Robotron 2084’s 30th Anniversary celebration
The party continued until late
The evening was a success as everyone relaxed and played some great games in a classic 1982 arcade setting. There were many magical little moments all evening throughout the arcade. It was an honor and pleasure to be in the presence of the local arcade vibe, so the Summer Camp was kicked-off on the right foot for sure.
More Pictures, videos, and stories about the evening will be added as they are sent to us-
———–The announcements that went out prior to June 16th————-
Scheduled for Saturday, June 16th 2012 at Star Worlds Arcade in DeKalb, IL (on I-88 West of Chicago).
- Mikey explains Robotron Summer Camp 2012 on Youtube
- Join the Facebook page HERE for more details
- Eventful announcement
- Facebook Eugene Jarvis announcement.
- Retroids.com announcement
- Star Worlds Arcade in DeKalb, IL is celebrating Robotron’s 30th anniversary on Saturday, January 16, 2012 and you are invited. For an entry fee of only $15, you can enjoy unlimited game play from 5 p.m. until 11 p.m.! (A light meal will be served at no extra charge; while supplies last.)
- FREE high score tournaments will be held for fun prizes.
- Twin Galaxies founder Mr. Walter Day will be attending along with one of the creator’s of Robotron, Mr. Eugene Jarvis!
Space is limited so reserve you place now! Tickets can be purchased at the arcade or on-line.
- Stop by or e-mail Pat at email@example.com.
from Pac-man Pat on Monday 6/11/12- I’ve been working on a little something for a few weeks now and now it’s a done deal. Eugene Jarvis will be in attendance as an honored guest at our June 16th event.
For those of you that don’t know who he is, he’s one of my all time favorite game designers. He’s had his hands in on such great game titles as Defender, Stargate, Blaster, Robotron, Space Shuttle, Smash TV, Total carnage, all the Cruisn games and the list goes on.
He is very down to earth like Walter Day is, so don’t be afraid to bring something in for him to sign like a game marquee, shirt or box from a game he’s know for.
We still have tickets left, but they have been selling pretty fast today. Hope you can join us on this great evening of gaming. Pac-man-Pat AKA Mikey?
Return to Schedule of Events HERE
Star Worlds front door- you can’t miss it.