December WPU Tournament
Why Atari 2600 Defender?
- Because it is easy for anyone in the world to play from a PC or Atari 2600 cartridge
- It is light-hearted fun. Especially over the holidays, it is an easy way to include your children and family in the spirit of video game comradery.
- Atari 2600 Defender was considered relevant enough to make it to a US Postage Stamp
- Example of game-play on Youtube
What is the competition?
- Best 3 man game of Atari 2600 Defender (default settings)
- Honor system in use
- Submit picture (or Youtube video) of the final score (count out the 3 men and stop when done).
- Send to email@example.com
- Indicate the 3 initials to use for your score. Names and email addresses are kept confidential
- Gary (GUS) will decide the winner. Submission must be received by December 31st- New Year’s Eve 2012.
- Please note: If you win the competition, we will need a mailing address for sending the prize.
How can I play Atari 2600 Defender?
soft.php?soft=Defender This is a Java based PC program
- Dust off your Atari 2600 or 5200 and the Atari 2600 Defender cartridge
- Using Stella (Download LINK) along with the ROM from HERE
How can I check my standings?
- Open www.williamsplayersunite.com from a browser (not compatible with Internet Explorer)
- Click on Enter WPUs All-Time Greats link
- Click on Defender
- Scroll down to Consoles section
- Click on Atari 2600 VCS
- Dan Tearle rockin’ Defender on Youtube
Winner will receive-
- A mini 12inch Defender plexiglass marquee
- A WPU Defender T-shirt
- I will ship anywhere in the world so EVERYONE is included in this game. Hopefully someone can beat Spriggsy for a change…
T-shirt image: Artist is the UK’s Dan Tearle!